(PR) Intel announces Skull Canyon NUC with i7 6770HQ and 32GB of RAM
March 16, 2016 — At Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2016, Intel announced a new Intel NUC kit, code-named Skull Canyon. A mini PC with a 45-watt, quad-core 6th Generation Intel Core i7 processor and Intel Iris Pro graphics, the new Intel NUC (NUC6i7KYK) unleashes maximized performance for intense game play or intensive workloads. Intel Iris Pro graphics let people edit photos and videos like a professional or immerse oneself in vividly rendered, seamless 3-D gameplay, all in brilliant 4K resolution on three monitors at once. Skull Canyon also includes Thunderbolt 3, enabling a single compact port and single cable to easily connect to 4K displays, high-speed storage and other devices, in addition to great graphics performance by connecting to high-end, external graphics card(s) through a device such as the new Razer Core.
All of this comes together to provide a great gaming experience in a system less than 0.7 litres in size! The 6th Generation Intel Core i7 processor-powered NUC has a completely redesigned chassis and stylish case, allowing enthusiasts to take full advantage of every GHz of the quad-core processor without overheating – making this Intel NUC literally cool.
- 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6770HQ processor (45W TDP)
- Intel Iris Pro graphics 580
- Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) with USB 3.1 and DP1.2 over USB-C
- Support for DDR4 memory, up to 32GB at 2133+ MHz
- Support for dual M.2 slots for SATA3/PCIe x4 Gen 3 NVMe/AHCI SSDs
- Full-size HDMI 2.0 port and Mini DisplayPort version 1.2 supporting 8 channel audio (7.1 surround sound)
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 wifi (802.11 ac) and Bluetooth 4.2 pre-installed
- SD card slot (up to 512GB)
- Four USB 3.0 ports (including one charging port)
- Intel HD Audio via Headphone/Microphone jack
- Intel Gigabit LAN
- Consumer infrared sensor
- Ships with two lids – one with a skull logo, one plain matte black (Support for user-replaceable third-party lids)
- Dimension: 216mm x 116mm x 23m – an incredibly small .69L
Suggested retail price for the Intel NUC kit (NUC6i7KYK) is $650. A typical build with 16GB memory, 256GB SSD and Windows 10 is estimated at $999.
The Intel NUC kit (NUC6i7KYK) available for pre-order on Newegg in April 2016; product will begin shipping in May 2016.