ProStar: Unreal Engine 4 with Vulkan API demo for Galaxy S7
EPIC Games have revealed a new demo of Unreal Engine 4 with Vulkan API for Galaxy S7 during Samsung Unpacked event in Barcelona.
ProStar demo is the first application to show UE4 demo powered by Vulkan API on mobile phone.
“The new industry-standard Vulkan API brings key elements of high-end console graphics technology to mobile devices, and Samsung is leading the way with the amazing new Galaxy S7,” said Tim Sweeney, CEO of Epic Games. “As the first engine supporting Vulkan, Unreal Engine 4 provides a solid foundation for developers joining in the mobile graphics revolution.”
EPIC Games listed all features which are demoed in this build:
- Dynamic planar reflections
- “Full” GPU particle support, which includes vector fields.
- Temporal Anti-Alising, which blends neighboring frames to smooth jaggies in motion.
- ASTC texture compression (created by ARM and AMD for OpenGL and OpenGL ES)
- Full scene dynamic cascaded shadows
- Chromatic aberration
- Dynamic light refraction
- Filmic tonemapping curve, which scales frames rendered in HDR to a presentable light range
- Improved static reflections
- High-quality depth of field
- Vulkan API for thousands of onscreen, independent objects.
Samsung Galaxy S7 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 with Adreno 530 GPU, which has been optimized to deliver ‘console-like’ graphics at much lower power requirements. In fact Adreno 530 is 40% faster than Adreno 430, yet it requires 40% less power than its predecessor.